Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Easter Seals Walk is Tomorrow!

It's not too late to donate! And THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so generously in Annie's name already. We have raised almost $2000! We are looking forward to walking with some friends tomorrow night and enjoying a nice night in downtown Manchester.

Annie has a bit of a cold (and I seem to have gotten it now, too -- oh, joy), but her lungs were checked today and we should all be good to go tomorrow night for the walk. Annie was just under 14 1/2 pounds on the doctor's scale yesterday, gaining just about half of a pound in the past three weeks. It doesn't seem like enough, but everyone keeps telling us that at least she is gaining. It is forward movement, even if it's at a snail's pace.

What's not at a snail's pace is ANNIE! She's really on the move, able to do the army crawl now on her belly. Strength-wise she seems to be doing really well, which is wonderful news. And have I mentioned lately how happy this kid is?? She is, honestly, the happiest baby I have ever known. She has a funny laugh that is all her own (one of these days I'll get it on video and get it up here) and very infectious! I am so grateful that she is such a happy kid and makes us laugh out loud multiple times each day.

We'll post some photos from the walk ASAP, but in the meantime here are a couple of recent pics. The first is a photo of Jamie reading to Annie. Annie has a serious paper addiction and just wants to eat anything vaguely resembling paper, including books. We leave quite a mess at the doctor's office, too, since she finds the paper on the exam table totally and completely irresistible. (Sorry, Willow Bend! I'm trying to wean her off the paper fetish.) The second photo is another "Dressed by Jamie" photo. Apparently, Annie's coronation has taken place thanks to big sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the newest pics! Good luck on your walk. We will be thinking about you. See you the 17th. Lots of love, Mom