Wednesday, August 06, 2008

GULP!










































































Gulp! I win the worst-blogger-ever award. Just as I was thinking I better sign off on the blog, my parents arrived for a visit. Before I had a chance to float the idea of the blog's demise, Mom and Dad told me how much they hoped I would keep it up. (I seriously think they are the only ones left who are reading the blog, now that I have alienated everyone with my lack of updates!) So here you go, Mom & Dad ... and anyone else who hung in during the Great Blogging Drought of 2008. (And here are a whole bunch of pics to catch you up. I need new ones of Annie, though, since she has very short hair now!)

And GULP ... as in, Annie had her third swallow study on Monday in Boston. After spending a good thirty minutes packing a "wide variety" of foods for her to try in the study (per their instructions), another thirty minutes packing Jamie's overnight bag (and countless hours HEARING about the sleepover!), dropping Jamie off, picking Scott up at work, driving to Boston ... we were in the actual test for about 10 minutes. And EIGHT minutes of that was prep time. It took them two seconds of watching Annie swallow a thin (i.e. unthickened, regular 'ole, plain jane fluid) liquid to see her aspirate. Clearly. That was it -- all done. We don't know what that means for us moving forward just yet, but we are back in Boston next Tuesday to follow-up with the ENT. Stay tuned!

Otherwise, we're just having a regular, pretty doctor-free summer. We haven't seen a cardiologist since April, which is crazy. I'm getting a bit anxious to get something on the books, but in general we feel pretty confident that everything is going well. Annie's energy is, well, boundless. Her appetite is good, her weight gain is great ... all cardiac indicators seem to tell us that she is stellar on that end. At her 18 month checkup earlier this summer, the Super Fabulous Vicki had tears in her eyes more than once, but they were happy tears. Annie is now above the 25th percentile for weight and between the 50th and 75th percentiles for height. (Vicki said she plotted it twice because she couldn't believe it!) What a difference a year makes ....

I hope everyone is having an equally gratifying summer and I promise to be a better blogger. Thanks for checking in on our girl and our family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, check every few days to see if something is new with the girls. Loved hearing that Annie was a miracle child and love to hear about your continuing progress. Got to see your Mom and Dad in St. Louis and they look great.

Love, Pat Obertino

Anonymous said...

Great pics and I'm so glad you are continuing the blog. It is a wonderful keepsake for Annie and a treasure for all of us. Pap and I can attest to her energy level! She is a young lady on the move...constantly and not always in forward and back... often it is up, up and up... aws high as can be climbed on whatever happens to be the present challenge. We had a great time. Thanks Scott and Amy, Jamie and Annie. We love you, Mom

Nikki said...

I love seeing the pics! Especially since we've been off schedule in our playdates this summer! Thanks for the update!

Nikki

Teresa and Shawn said...

I was going through withdrawal....

Love all the pics (especially the girls sleeping), but Annie will hate you for the naked one.... At what age does that become taboo?