Thursday, November 06, 2008

Yes, She is TWO! And Boston Tomorrow ....




Yes, Annie turned two last Sunday! It was a quiet day with close friends -- nothing like last year's blowout. We all had fun despite the chilly weather, and we were so happy to usher in Annie's birthday with our dear friends. It was quite a weekend, since it started with Halloween on Friday. Annie refused to wear her costume (a flower fairy) and screamed and pulled at it anytime she had it on. I finally realized that she wanted to be just like Jamie (duh) and be an owl. I solved the problem by digging out some photos of Jamie when she wore the flower fairy costume four years ago. Annie held on to the pictures of "Sisty" in the costume and that seemed to make it all ok.


From Halloween to birthday to a week full of miscellaneous stuff ... now, suddenly, it's time to head for Boston again. Annie is scheduled for her sedated MRI and echo tomorrow morning at Children's. We'll be dropping Jamie off at the crack of dawn (thank you Kate and family!) and good friends will pick her up from school (thank you Nikki and family!!) if we aren't back in time. Yes, that's right -- we don't have to spend the night. Hooray! Hopefully all will go well and we will be in and out of the hospital in record time. I do hope to connect with Dr. Smoot, although we do not have an official appointment scheduled. We will page her after the echo is completed and hope to see her before we leave. We will be on pins and needles waiting to hear the echo results. (Last time, a cardiology fellow delivered the news but we were able to see Dr. Smoot the next morning on the cardiac floor. Since we won't be admitted this time, I pushed to have some way to connect with her this time -- as always, she was more than willing to help out!)

We'll have plenty of distractions once we're back home ... on Saturday I'll be meeting 18 puppies coming up from Texas and Tennessee. Many of them will be staying for a couple of nights, and at least two of them will be staying for awhile. I love being able to do something in dog rescue again! And the girls love having all of the puppies in their lives. I'll post new pics when I have them. :-)

1 comment:

LynnMarie said...

Happy Birthday to her and all of you as well. So the results of the test were.. Lynn Marie