Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. I didn't realize it had been so long until I got a few e-mails asking what was going on. We've been crazy busy with the end of summer and getting back into a schedule (Jamie now goes to preschool 3 mornings per week). And ... we haven't had much to report. I have been back to my OB here in town a couple of times and they have checked Annie's heartbeat. Her heart rhythm has remained strong and stable. Meanwhile, she is active and feisty and reminds me constantly that she is in residence!
The blood tests came back from Boston on the second titer for the coxsackie virus. I'm not sure about the biology behind this, but they did tell me that my titers were slightly higher than the original test. Apparently they weren't high enough to be considered a full-on infection, but I'm not sure if that means that I don't have the virus currently or what. I thought the question was whether or not I had the virus early in the pregnancy, but I'm not sure if these tests tell them that or not. I'll have to wait for my next OB appointment to ask.
We are back to Boston this Tuesday, 9/19. We will only be meeting with the pediatric cardiologist at Children's this time. (The perinatologist is going to wait to discuss the latest echo findings with the cardiologist to determine our next step; mainly, determining if I should deliver in Boston or up here.) Obviously, we are hopeful that we will see a huge improvement in Annie's heart on Tuesday! It has been four weeks since our last echo -- the longest span between any ultrasounds or echoes since June -- and last time we saw such an improvement after 2 1/2 weeks that it's hard not to be hopeful. Please keep us in your thoughts on Tuesday and we will post any news as soon as we get home.
Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful fall! Thank you again for all of your e-mails and expressions of support, prayer, and love. -- Scott, Ross & Big Sister Jamie
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope all goes well today!! I'm thinking of you! ~Moira
Post a Comment