Thursday, November 02, 2006

Announcing Annelise


Annelise was born at 8:02 this morning with loud cries to let us know she was out and in the world. She weighed in at 7lbs, 3 oz. and is 19 3/4" long. The pediatrician and nurse proclaimed her perfect, with absolutely no concerns at birth. She was able to ride out of the OR on my chest and met her big sister, Mam, and Pap back in our room. She is pink and looks great!!

This afternoon the nurse detected a heart murmur, so we're waiting to hear more about that. We're hopeful that it's just a normal newborn murmur, but obviously we'll be able to discuss that with the pediatric cardiologist tomorrow. Not sure when the echo will take place, but I'll do my best to post as soon as possible ... with all good news!

Thanks to everyone who has called to check in. Sorry it took so long to get this posted! Things went well this morning, but I didn't sleep much last night and it's been a bit of a long day. :-) But as I sit here typing, Annie is sleeping peacefully in her Mam's lap. Hooray, hooray, hooray!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! Ross, Scott and Jamie, I am SO HAPPY for you, that things went well this morning! How wonderful that now you have little Annelise to hold in your arms and love. She's just lovely! :) Get some rest and we'll see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you..Happy birthday to you...Happy Birthday to Annie, happy birthday to you. I'll let you sing it to her, Congrats to all of you and so glad to see little Annelise. Have you got a story to tell her about all the things that happened to her while inside of you. May God bless you all. Get some rest now.

Michael and Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!! She is pink and beautiful! We've been following your story both through the blog and Teresa, and have been praying for your family every night.
May God continue to bless you each day from here to eternity!

Moira said...

Ah...Su Chin beautiful baby!! LOL!! Just kidding. Annie is just perfect, and I'm so happy that all went well. I hope everyone gets some sleep tonight. Let me know if I can do anything at all.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news and such a beautiful, beautiful baby!!!!! Congratulations!!!!