Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mysterious Missing Post -- Echo Results


Mysterious is a big word in our house right now, thanks to Jamie's favorite episode of "The Backyardigans." No more toys in our doctor's office is "so mysterious" as is anything she can make into a mystery! So I suppose it's appropriate that I have a bit of a blog mystery. Ok, so it was 3:30 in the morning (11/3) while I was still in the hospital and on serious pain medication ... but I still can't account for the update I worked on and THOUGHT had been posted. Of course, I can't even begin to recreate it or even remember most of what I said. I remember it being a bit schmaltzy at the end -- tired and doped up as I was -- with Annie, Jamie, and Scott all sleeping soundly in the room around me.

In any event, the gist of the post was the all-important results of the echo. Just a little something we've been waiting on for months ... hopefully we have gotten the word out via e-mail to just about everyone by now. For anyone who has been waiting on news -- I am so sorry! I honestly thought I had gotten a post done that night, but things have been a bit busy (a story for another post) and I haven't been back to the blog since then. I have no idea what I did, but somehow the blog didn't post that night -- the most important post of all!

In any event .... We had a bit of drama actually getting the echo done, but eventually the pediatric cardiologist came over to our hospital after a full day at his clinic across town. I told him it was terrible, but I really did hope we were wasting his time and taking him away from his family for no good reason! And that turned out to be the case, after a very quiet echo. (I know I was holding my breath, but I can't speak for Scott.) Dr. Johnson went through every part of Annie's little heart methodically, eventually granting us the best word I've ever heard in the English language: normal. NORMAL! Annie's heart appeared normal, normal, normal! There is no visible thickening left in the walls of her left ventricle; if anything, there was a tiny bit evident in the septum but nothing to worry about. There is a leak in her mitral valve, but he's not concerned about that. It's common in newborns from what I gather and he said he wouldn't even worry about another echo if it weren't for Annie's dramatic history. So, one more echo in two months to check on her mitral valve ... but still, all glorious good news.

It turns out you can feel when the weight of the world lifts off your shoulders! I slept better that Friday night than I had in months, that's for sure. Thank you to everyone who has hoped for and prayed for this wonderful outcome along with us. Our sweet Annie is here and healthy!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What amazing, wonderful news! God is good.

Thanks for posting. I've been waiting and checking, waiting and checking. :)

lisa