I received a call from the perinatologist at Brigham & Women's yesterday (Monday). Apparently, one of the blood tests they ran came back positive for the coxsackie virus. That virus is linked to EFE, but we're not operating under that diagnosis anymore. Still, it sounds like they don't know what to think. When Dr. Dunn called the pediatric cardiologist to discuss the results, they both decided they would rather see me (ok, Annie really) again sooner rather than later. So, we're back to Boston on Friday for a repeat of everything we did a couple of weeks ago: another ultrasound at Brigham, appointment with the perinatologist and a second blood draw, and another echo at Children's with Dr. Levine.
Annie continues to be active ... so active that it is hard for me to imagine that anything has gotten worse. Needless to say, I hope that we are not surprised unpleasantly tomorrow. Either way, I'm glad to have the echo moved up. Hopefully, Annie will be in a better position -- and goodness knows she has been growing -- and they will be able to get a better look at her heart. It will be the second study on the same equipment with the same settings, also making it easier for them to discern any difference from two weeks ago.
Right now I have to pack for the beach ... we are going to stay with a friend overnight tomorrow night and Jamie is asking if we're going to the beach NOW about every 10 minutes (really). :-) I will update the blog as soon as we get home on Friday to share any news.
Thanks!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We'll be waiting for the news Friday. Love, Mom
Gob be with you on this next visit. I'll be waiting, like every one else for the news. Have fun at the beach.
Opps I meant to say God be with you on this next visit. Sorry.
You, Annie, Scott and Jamie are in our thoughts and prayers every day!I am so glad your mom told me about this! Enjoy yourselves at the beach! Love you bunches! Sharon
I'm thinking of you guys today! I hope all goes well, and you get to have some fun while in Beantown (or get in some shopping...).
Post a Comment