Monday, August 07, 2006

Next Appointment & Jamie's Heart

We're headed back to Boston on September 5th for our next echo with Dr. Levine. It will be about 4 1/2 weeks since the last echo at that point, but we do have another ultrasound scheduled up here before then (8/22). I see my regular OB up here tomorrow, but I doubt there will be anything to report. It's just the waiting game right now ....

Meanwhile, Annie has been doing a pretty good job of making her presence known throughout the day. She hardly gives me a chance to start worrying about her! I had gotten a feeling that she was a calm baby (ok, maybe it was wishful thinking -- thinking I was due a calm one after my exuberant Jamie!), but I think I'm changing my mind. Annie can be pretty feisty, especially once I've crawled into bed at night. Uh, oh. Another night owl, maybe?!?

And today I took Jamie into see her pediatrician. I initially made the appointment the day after Annie's first echo, thinking I wanted to hear Jamie's doc tell me her heart is perfect just for my peace of mind. EFE has a slight genetic factor, but diagnosis is usually made between the ages of 2 and 12 months. We would have known by now if Jamie had EFE, without a doubt. And now that the doctor doesn't think it's EFE anymore and more likely some event within this pregnancy ... well, maybe I should have cancelled the appointment. I didn't though -- I just wanted to have her doctor listen and check everything out. Happy news, of course -- he said she's perfect. Her pulses are all great and there isn't the slightest hint of any sort of murmur or other heart problem. And goodness knows she doesn't suffer from any growth issues. She seems to be leapfrogging over size 4s and jumping right into size 5s.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued support and words of encouragement and friendship. They truly are appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that you feel so much better having gone to the doctors with Jamie and heard that she was wonderfully and perfectly made. Just that alone was well worth the trip to the doctors office. I would have gone to the doctors too. Glad to see that Annie is keeping you posted on her activities during the day (and into the night). Good for her. Thanks for keeping everyone posted.

Anonymous said...

I had no doubts but am glad you went for your own peach of mind. One look at that soccer pic and it tells it all, a healthy, happy, vivacious gal. Love you, Mom