Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No Echo Yesterday

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we did not go to Boston yesterday. Annie became sick on Sunday (fevers/lethargy) and still is under the weather. Plus, Dr. Smoot was not able to meet with us because of a schedule conflict. All in all, it was best to keep Annie home and visit our nurse practitioner.

The biggest problem is that Annie is refusing milk almost entirely. We have been lucky to get 4-5 ounces into her per day. She won't even let us sneak it in on her while she's sound asleep! She is also fighting her meds like she never has before (usually she sucks them right down out the syringes). Coughing fits in the middle of the night spur throwing up ... well, you get the general picture. So far she is staying hydrated, but, just the same, panic hit me this morning. I put a call into our cardiologist up here, and I hope that they will bring us in ASAP for an echo just to rule out any correlation between what's going on and decreased heart function. Ironically, Wednesdays our doc spends down at Children's in Boston, so tomorrow will be the earliest we'd be able to see him anyway. (Ugh.)

So that's where we are! I have officially cancelled the bronchoscopy at this point. I am going to wait until we speak with Dr. Smoot about it in person, and our visit with her has been rescheduled for late this month. If we have an echo up here before then, though, we may have to reschedule the Boston appointment AGAIN ... and so it goes. (Yes, I do feel like I'm chasing my own tail sometimes!)

Anyway, thanks anyone who was checking in for an echo report today. Wish I had some more good news to report on that front (oh, how I wish!), but we've got a little bit of a bump to get through right now.

No comments: