Finally spoke with Dr. Smoot this afternoon. It looks like we will be headed back to Children's on Sunday, March 11th with Annie's cath and muscle biopsy scheduled for sometime on Monday the 12th.
We're still waiting for word back on most of Annie's tests that were done while we were at Children's earlier this month. One of the initial tests came back with some elevated amino acid levels, so a retest was indicated to see if they get those results again. Another test was actually done already, so it's just a matter of waiting for those re-test results.
I asked Dr. Smoot if she was encouraged that Annie's heart didn't show any progressive dilation at the echo on Monday morning. She's actually happier to hear about Annie's weight gain -- she said that says more to her than anything. Here's hoping! (Annie was over 11 pounds on our scale yesterday morning, but had dipped slightly today to just 11 -- not unexpected since we increased the dose of Lasix. I'm hoping that she'll level off tomorrow or the next day without too much of a backslide.)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello guys
My heart and prayers are with you.
I'll be in touch when I get back from Florida
xoxo
Vicki
We're always thinking of you all and so happy about Annie's weight gain!
love,
Nikki
Hi Ross and family - it's Carol. I've been in D.C. since Saturday and just got caught up on Annie's blog. Lots of news. Sounds like things are very hectic for you but that you are managing in such a way that amazes me. I want you to know I think of all of you every day and pray for Annie's quick recovery.
D.C. was fun for a while but with both Brian and Alycia working it leaves me to fend for myself during the day. Visited a few museums and such - have seen most of the monuments on a previous trip. I'm thankful the weather has cooperated mostly - a snow storm on Sunday that quickly melted the next day. The shopping here is spectacular - even a Nordstroms a few Metro stops away. I'm beginning to realize however that this whole experience is unsettling - meaning we don't feel settled in either place. I'm sure it will feel more comfortable with time.
I get back on Sunday, I'll call you next week. Kisses to Jaime and Annie - loved the picture of Jaime painting! Love Carol
Hi Ross and Scott,
Your latest posting sounds very encouraging with Annie's weight gain. My best wishes that all four of you enjoy a quiet and uneventful weekend.
xoxoAnu
Post a Comment