
I don't have the energy today to write everything, but I know several people were aware of our second echo today and wanted to know how it went. The news was very bad. Although Annie does not have any visible symptoms of heart problems, she indeed has severe cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle). The doctor doesn't know what is causing it and seemed dumbfounded that we went from a normal echo after birth to a severely abnormal echo today. We started a series of blood tests today (after opting not to admit Annie directly to Children's) that will continue on Monday. We will probably be admitting Annie to Children's on Monday and we were told to expect that she will need a cardiac catheterization sometime next week. The best case scenario would be a treatable metabolic disorder that would resolve with medication. In some cases, the myopathy is idiopathic and runs its course. In other cases, more drastic intervention -- like a transplant -- is a possibility. We just don't know anything at this point. She starts heart medication tonight to help her heart work less hard. We should start to know more on Monday as lab results start coming in -- and they're able to take more blood for more tests. It was all we could do to get through blood draws in both arms tonight ....
Please keep our sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers -- once again -- as we go down this road with her. Thank you!
5 comments:
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!! Call me for anything!! All my love, Moira
Jim and I are both thinking of you guys and praying for the best. I'm sure we can't do much to help but know we are sending our postive thoughts your way.
Love
Steph
I'm thinking of you all constantly. Please let me know what I can do to help you all. I'm here for whatever you need.
Lots of love and prayers,
Katherine
We have been and will continue to keep you all in our prayers. May you be blessed with strength, patience, and faith as you travel down this road together.
Ross and Scott - if there is anything I can do let me know. We are all thinking of you and I can't believe I just saw her! We can't imagine how difficult this is. Miss Annie is in our prayers
Post a Comment