Our morning nurse just came in to introduce herself and let us know what's scheduled for today. The only new addition (on top of the echo and consults I mentioned in the last post) is a chest x-ray.
Annie continues to be happy as a clam. They took blood last night and put in an IV (two tries), but it wasn't horrible. They tried to get a urine culture with a catheter but weren't able to after several attempts. (She squiggled herself across the bed with every attempt, prompting the nurse to comment on how strong she is. When I told Scott the story this morning he said "Muscle tone? I'll show you muscle tone! Don't try that again!") She's laying on the bed next to me now, happy as can be, talking away. We got a little bit of sleep last night, thanks to the staff here being understanding and allowing us to have a bed to share instead of Annie in a crib and me on a pull-out chair/cot/torture device. Annie has never slept a minute in a crib so I didn't hold out much hope for us to get any rest unless we could sleep next to one another like we do at home. Annie slept great. Our poor roommate had a rough night, though, so that was tough.
The snow has started so we're not sure if Jamie will be coming to visit today or not. There is a playroom here that she can use so I think we could keep her entertained, but it's not worth it if the roads are too dicey. I asked her on the phone last night if she could help me out and pack a few toys for Annie to brighten up her hospital room. All I heard after that was her voice getting further and further away as she called "I'll be right back Mama!" Sure enough, she had dropped the phone to run and get a bag and throw some baby toys into it. She was back within a couple of minutes, triumphantly announcing "I did it Mama! I packed some stuff for Annie!" That kid loves to pack ANYTHING, funny girl.
They still can't tell us how long we'll be here, but the latest guess is at least until tomorrow. If they decide to do the cath, that will be extended. Again, I hope to know more after all of the consults today. Thank you everyone for all of the posts and e-mails! It's nice to turn on the computer and see the various comments and know that so many people are pulling for us and checking in on us. Annie is one lucky girl to have so many amazing people thinking about her, praying for her, and sending their love to her. It's tough to have a list of thank you notes you need to write when you're only 3 months old! Hope Miss Manners will extend the one year deadline in her case. I'll be keeping all of the posts and e-mails for her to read someday, that's for sure.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment