We're still here and still waiting. I haven't seen Dr. Smoot yet today, but a couple of neurology residents have been by and said they would be back later with their attending physician. We haven't had the dreaded second blood draw yet, but were told to expect it sometime today. (I think they're waiting to see what comes back from the initial blood draw that was done in NH last Friday.) We have begun fortifying Annie's milk to try and get some more calories into her as well. And, Murphy's Law, I finally sat down to get this update written when the nurse came in to tell me they were ready for us down in ultrasound. We just got back, but the tech said that Annie's kidney function looked normal. (I think they wanted to check because some of her meds could affect renal function, but to be perfectly honest I'm having a hard time remembering why they ordered this particular test. Whatever ... I'm happy to hear something came back normal!)Still no decision on the catheterization or biopsy, but if anything they are leaning towards sending us home to let Annie grow a bit before risking the sedation of the cath. Annie continues to smile, laugh, and talk up a storm for anyone who comes to see her. She just won over an elevator full of stoic-looking people with her big, gummy smiles as a matter of fact. And I had a dose of family times two -- we decided the roads were too messy last night so Mom, Scott and Jamie stayed the night in Boston. I was happy to have everyone here for so long, but they headed home this morning to plow the driveway and give Jamie a little more play room than we have here at the hospital. Jamie's a trooper and seems to be enjoying having her Mam all to herself. She's very worried about Annie's roommate, too, and made sure to send hugs and kisses back with me last night not only for Annie but also for little Michaela.
The photos are of Annie during her EKG (you can see how bothered she was by it -- she has been a breeze for just about everyone who has poked and prodded her) and asleep this morning. And thank you, thank you, thank you for the continued posts and e-mails. They truly are a lifeline to life outside of the hospital and such a comfort. Our girl has some amazing folks pulling for her!
6 comments:
Ross,
Thanks for taking the time to keep everyone so informed. Annie is always in our thoughts and we're looking to see you guys when you're back in NH!
Heather, Tate and Jack
we are all thinking of you!!! thanks for including the pictures, she's beautiful. love, cousin hannah
She really is beautiful. What a trooper! The kidney ultrasound is likely to check status before her cardiac meds, but it's also standard whenever they're doing a genetic evaluation, since many genetic syndromes include both heart and kidney. Hang in there...Many prayers are with you! Noel
Annie sure is adorable, she looks like a little Scott, with more hair. Best Wishes and Love to you all.
Dean,Eileen, Matthew, and Michael
Ross,
Thank you taking those photos of Annie for us. I know how your heart must feel when you look at her with all the things attached to her tiny body. It must be very hard on you and yet you still do it. You are such a special person. Hang in there, there are a lot of people up here who love you. Lynn Marie
Hi Ross & Family-
We've been thinking about you all week. I'm glad Jamie, Scott and your Mom were able to join you down in Boston this week. Thanks for keeping everyone up to date with what's happening. We hope to see you all back in NH soon.- Take care, Amy, Jake, N&C
Post a Comment