Annie is doing great this morning! She has been all smiles and laughs for everyone, even while the nurse was taking her dressings off and taking out her IVs. She's back in normal baby mode with no wires and we are just waiting for our discharge orders. We are increasing her dose of Captopril and adding in some baby aspirin, but Dr. Smoot has opted not to add a beta blocker just yet. We'll see the pediatric cardiologist in NH in a couple of weeks and we'll plan to see Dr. Smoot in April, just before we leave for Disney. :-)
Thank you, EVERYONE, who has followed us through the cath journey and kept Annie in their thoughts and prayers. I'm sure she would send you each a gummy smile if she could.
P.S. Special hello to the ABC'S in St. Louis -- sorry I wasn't able to post earlier yesterday! I heard you guys were checking ... thank you so much for your concern for our girl.
6 comments:
Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about your family and Annie's visit to Children's over the past couple of days. It is so nice to hear that you may be leaving with a positive direction. I love seeing the photos. Annie is so beautiful and the birthday pictures were amazing! Sending your family healing thoughts and energy your journey continues.
Daria
Little Miss Annie looks so great this morning!! I'm so glad there is a small ray of sunshine coming through the clouds for all of you! I'm thinking of you all. Big Hugs!!
What a great smil she has! She is going to take the world by storm. I'm go glad that this is over with and you can rest a little before the next hill. Our prayers are still with you. What a special girl and what a special family she has.
Dear Ross and Scott,
I'm checking in every week to read your blog to follow Annie's progress. How the two of you have managed to keep your heads from exploding from all the medical information you have to keep track of is beyond me.
What I can follow easily and with pleasure are the WONDERFUL photos of both girls. As you said in a previous posting, looking at Annie you'd never think she was so ill. Her medical apparatus is the only indication that gives it away.
Your daughters are beautiful and looking at these two smiling faces is a wonderful balance to the weight of Annie's medical updates.
I continue to keep you all close to my heart and in my prayers,
Love, Anu
I really just love little Miss Annie's pictures and her big gummy smile!
The Big DOING GREAT made my day! Big love to everyone.
~Becky
I just love when I check your log and there is positive news for Annie. We continue to keep you all in our prayers and follow you every day on your journey with your blogs. I still am in awe at the impressive parenting job you and Scott are doing. I bet you learned that from some very good parents.
Pat Obertino
Post a Comment